I get daily e-mails from Self.com and they are FABULOUS. You can sign up for free. The e-mails are full of make-up, healthy living, and time saving tips. I love it.
So this is where the "OH ME" began...
I was perusing Self's website and noticed that they had a Drop 10 Challenge going. You could sign up (for FREE) and they would send you a daily e-mail with recipes and tips in it, as well as workout tips. Psshh... how could I not give it a shot? I mean, really. I do decently with eating healthy, but I'm not where I'd like to be. Exercise in my life is pretty non-existent, though I know the benefits and I WANT to... I just can't keep up my motivation. So, I signed up...
Part of the plan is keeping track of your food intake and workouts. Self.com has free logs that make this all easy for you. This site is a plethora of healthy information and motivational tools. So, I began simply by keeping track of everything I ate. Oh me.
I also realized that I wasn't able to log any exercise. Oh me.
And this is easy!! The site teaches you to work out, but also helps you burn calories by doing simple things like laundry. You can do all sorts of things, like calculate how many calories you need to consume daily to maintain your weight and everything.
So... I've had to say "oh me" quite a bit because every time I go to eat something I think about what it means when I go to log it. Ouch for the ice cream sundae that I "forgot" to log. Hehe. See what I mean?
Here is my goal. I don't necessarily want to lose 10 pounds (though I would not object).
To maintain my weight, I must consume 1600 calories.
The Drop 10 Challenge asks you to consume 1360 calories. Less than 300 calories... that's a Coke or something... I can do that. (P.S. I will NOT diet, I refuse to diet. I believe in eating healthy and loving food).
I have tried working out every day... I lose interest very VERY quickly. So, my goal here is to start with two days a week (Tuesday and Thursday).
See, I've told you now so I feel like I'm a little more accountable than if I just ask myself to do these things.
I can do this. But I won't lie. I can't do this on my own. I can only do this with the support of my loving husband and the strength of my Lord. I can't do this without You, God. Help me to become healthier in little ways.
Until next time,
Keep Reflecting :)
Did I mention that the Drop 10 Challenge allows for 250 "Happy Calories" a day? Hello, chocolate... here I come :) That's my kind of program.
No comments:
Post a Comment