Being between houses is an odd feeling - you're not at home in the old one anymore, but you're not yet at home in the new one. You feel like an intruder in the old one, but not quite comfortable enough to walk around barefoot in the new one. Your stuff is in a freaky limbo between both.
If you can't tell, we're moving. I'm sitting in bed, writing to you - surrounded by new house sounds and smells. Somehow, though, surrounded by the oddities of my little house - the crooked door, the sloped floor, the super loud flushing toilet - this feels right. I will miss the comforts and luxuries of our old home, but this feels like OUR home.
This home needs love. Lying in bed the other night, Paul put it best - "It just needs us." It needs our soft touches to bring it to life, to show off it's potential.
Adjusting is not going to be easy, that's for sure. But this is just our next adventure. When I cry out because the toilet seat is freezing cold (due to no vent in the bathroom), I just have to remember that this is OUR home... We will all adjust because we're here together and our family will make this house a home.
Even if I do have to go outside to do laundry!
Sometimes, just when you need it, God provides a fresh start. With us, God used our stupidity and turned it in to something beautiful. He's using this house, this situation to take us back to the beginning and do things (finances, especially) His way.
Putting a lot of stock into a house, aren't I? ;) No pressure.
Until next time,
Keep Reflecting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment