- There are quite a few parents that I would like to stop, take them by the hand, look them squarely in the eyes and say (in the word of Pitch Perfect), "Get your head out of your ass, it's not a hat." I'm not naming names or anything. We'll just leave it at that for now. But honestly, do you ever look at some of the parents and think, "Really? You thought that would be the best course of action for your child? Are you stupid or just really into wearing your ass as a hat?" Was that rude? Yeah, probably. Was it true? Most definitely.
- I CANNOT CONTROL OTHER PEOPLE'S ACTIONS BUT I CAN CONTROL HOW I REACT TO THOSE ACTIONS.
- I CANNOT CONTROL OTHER PEOPLE'S ACTIONS BUT I CAN CONTROL HOW I REACT TO THOSE ACTIONS.
- I CANNOT CONTROL OTHER PEOPLE'S ACTIONS BUT I CAN CONTROL HOW I REACT TO THOSE ACTIONS.
- Did I mention the whole I-cannot-control-others thing? If not, I can reiterate it again, but I think you get the point from reading the past 3 bullets. There is no way that I can control the way other people act. I can lecture, I can rant, but nothing I do is going to change what they choose to do. HOWEVER, I can choose how I act and how I react. I can choose the way I respond. I cannot control them, but perhaps controlling myself is enough.
- To the woman who once made the offhanded comment that "No woman really wants to take care of a man's child by another woman" - I'd like to say a lot of things to you. None of which are particularly pleasant. One - the fact that you said a comment like that in my presence is ridiculous, especially since you KNOW that I have a stepdaughter that I love more than I could have ever imagined and that I treat as I would my own. Second - the fact that you said that and you have a stepdaughter astounds me. Granted, your stepdaughter was already grown and almost married by the time you came into the picture. But really, what does that comment say to her? She better be glad she wasn't younger when you came along, because "no woman wants to raise a man's child by another woman." Yeah, I think that is exactly what that says to her. Quite frankly, you are a woman that I care about dearly and this doesn't change how I feel about you, but you can kiss my ass.
- I love the tradition and festivity that is the Lincoln County Fair - but I am intensely glad that for the past several years, my hubby and I have opted out of that festivity. It was fun when we were teenagers to go walk around and check out the guys and see who was at the fair with who. It was a big deal. I know I'm growing up because now it's just too many people in too small of a place with rides that are put up too fast to be completely safe and too many germs EVERYWHERE. The best part is the funnel cake - and I found a recipe on Pinterest to make it at home (where I know who's with who and who's germs I'm getting and I don't have to look presentable).
- To all of you fathers out there - never get too busy for your daughters. Even if it's just a text to say "I love you" or dropping by the house for a hug. They may not say it and you may think they're all grown up, but they will always be your little girl. And they need you to always think that they hung the moon. They need to know that they will always be your Princess, even after they've become someone else's Queen. Make it a point to make yourselves part of their lives because honestly, they probably still have no idea what they're doing.
- Vacationing as a family is much more difficult than vacationing with your husband only. This week we're going to go away for 3 nights and I already have two lists made of everything we need. And that's just for groceries and the stuff that the kiddo needs to pack. This does not include the lists for me and the hubby. I just keep reminding myself that all this prep will pay off and we'll get a nice, relaxing vacation...
- There is something sadly satisfying about playing Sims FreePlay on my Kindle because you can build an entire town and then destroy it and start all over. Hmph, maybe my control freak nature is not entirely quenched.
Keep Reflecting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment