Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Heading to a Healthier Me

When the doctor can't tell you why you feel so tired all the time, you start to wonder what's wrong with you.  I've dreamed up all sorts of possibilities - diabetes, hormone imbalance, mono, vitamin deficiencies, etc.  Then, when she asks you if you've gained any significant weight in the past 5 years, you think "Eh, some, but not much."  I felt pretty certain about that.  That was until she pulled my charts from 3 years ago...

Talk about discouraging. 

I could make excuses all day as to why and how I've gained 21 pounds in 3 years - but that's all they are.  Excuses as to why I'm not taking care of the only body I've been given.   

"I got married."  Bullshit - should that not be more of a reason to stay fit and healthy?  For my husband. 

"I started a desk job."  Too bad.  Yet another excuse. 

"I'm a busy mom.  Who has the time to work out?"  Once again, that is a perfectly good reason to be even healthier - to show my daughter that it isn't about being skinny or the number on the scale, but it's about being healthy.

I could go on, but I think you get the point.  This is my journey and I'm going to be completely transparent about it because maybe someone out there struggles with it like I do.  I'm going to post motivation and struggles and yummy, healthy recipes. 

I have a goal of how much weight I want to lose, but honestly, I just want to feel better.  I want to not be exhausted at 8:00 p.m. (unless it has just been a hellacious day).  I want less headaches.  I want to be a more powerful, confidant, healthier me.  I want to be an example to my family.  I want to know I can do it because I put my mind to it.

I refuse to diet.  I refuse to starve myself.

This journey is about making a lifestyle change.  Becoming more aware of what I put into my body.  Learning to enjoy what my body can do.  

It's all about baby steps and taking it one day at a time.  

One day.  Today.

And then tomorrow.

Then the next day.

But today first.

Until next time,
Keep Reflecting :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment