Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bi-Folliclism... It's a disease I suffer from...

So, one night as we're lying in bed I announce to my husband that I want to change my hair, yet I don't know how.  I want to cut it, or color it, or get "bangs".  Since this happens approximately every six months (sometimes less), my husband turns to me and declares that I suffer from being bi-follicle.  Upon his explanation, I must agree that this is something I suffer from... I'm sure I can't be the only one though.

Bi-follicle: n. meaning to be bi-polar about one's hair cut, color, or style.  To constantly desire the changing of one's hair. 

Yep, that's me in a nutshell for sure.  Some women have beautiful hair that always seems to do exactly what they want it to.  They go into public and, whether they've spent ten or thirty minutes on it, their hair looks great.  I am NOT one of those people.  My hair (at the current moment) is a dark brown with a reddish tinge as it is recovering from the last coloring adventure.  In the process of being grown out, it tends to curl in humid weather (which is all the time where I live) but not curl enough to be termed "curly".  Lately, it's ended up in a ponytail a lot, which does not particularly make me happy.  See, several times over the past two years I have decided to grow my hair out because my husband has only known me with short hair.  However, normally it gets to this stage, I get fed up with it and.... bam... off it goes.  I am currently fighting the urge to chop it off, even as we speak...

As my "diagnosis" goes, I suffer from bi-folliclism because I am a control freak, yet I can control very, very little.  My hair is one thing that is completely within my control.  My poor husband has to listen to me every time I decide I want to try something new with my hair.  I'm naturally a brunette, but I've been a redhead and jet black.  I once had shoulder-length hair and it's also been barely ear-length.  For now, there is no known cure to my illness.  To those of you who suffer from this as well... you are not alone! 

Until next time, 
Keep Reflecting :)

Maybe next time I post I'll be a blonde... JUST KIDDING :)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment