Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Prism Women

If you've ever seen a prism, you know that at first sight it doesn't look like much more than a block of glass (whether triangular or rectangular).  I've always loved holding prisms because they have a solid, weighty feeling about them.  In your hand, they are simply clear.  However, when you hold a prism up to a shaft of light, what comes out of it is simply stunning.  A prism breaks a single shaft of line into a million fragments and turns golden sunlight into a myriad of rainbow colors.  

Women are like prisms in some ways.  I like to think of myself as solid, definitive (a beautiful block of glass).  Until I am held to something greater, however, I will only reflect white light.  When a woman allows the light of God to shine through her, though, it bursts into thousands of fragments of brilliant light.  The light of the Son (Jesus), shown through a woman totally in love with Him, reflects colors of love, passion, compassion, and vivacity.  Many times I find myself turning away from the very shaft of light that can turn my whole world into a myriad of colors.  How many blessings do I miss out upon because I don't let the light of Jesus reflect through me?  

John 8:12  "And Jesus spake again unto them saying, 'I am the Light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.'"  Ah, ladies... take hold of the prism your life can be and allow your world to burst into a million colors when we reflect the One who gave His life for us!  

Until next time,
Keeping reflecting :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment