- Be careful who you tease. If you don't know that person and it's in a professional setting, particularly a stressful one, don't tease. It will possibly get you punched in the face. Note: I did not punch this person in the face. However, in a moment that I'm quite certain would not make Jesus proud, I did perhaps wish that he would forget to roll up his car windows in a torrential downpour. Don't judge me - he was an ass.
- I have an addictive personality. I'm not saying this as an excuse, simply as an observation that I have discovered this week. That's why I can read the same book 10 gazillion times and watch the same movies over and over. Or why something sweet cannot be in the house or why I can eat pumpkin pie for every meal until it's gone. This is also why I can be overtaken by things that don't matter - because I focus on them incessantly. I'm working on it.
- Take time for your "extended" family - meaning not just the ones who live in your house. It can turn into such a blessing, even if you're just sharing a meal and some good conversation.
- It's completely normal to get frustrated, aggravated, even pissed. Just remember not to take it out on the people you love and the people who love you. Because once your blood pressure comes back down, they are going to be the ones to laugh about it with you.
- Don't take for granted the people you work for. Someone that you spend 8 hours a day with - especially if there are only a couple of you (rather than a big company) - are bound to become your family. This is a shout-out to my work family :) I am so blessed to work for a tight-knit company.
- I like coffee - and by coffee, I mean the drowned, sugary, cappuccino version. Mmmm... chocolate caramel pecan cappuccino is a great way to start the morning. I am going to conveniently forget how many calories it has, though. Don't judge me.
Keep Reflecting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment