The week of finals is a week that, unlike many college students, brings joy to my heart. Do you know why this is? Because at this very moment, I know that only four... count them... four tests stand between me and almost a month of freedom. Four tests. I'm so close I can taste it. At our college, we get "Reading Day" before finals begin and it's a day off. Of course, administration expects you to use it wisely. I, however, never do. I usually nap. Reading Day for me is like a little taste of freedom to get me through the next week. Normally, by the end of a semester, I am ready to pull my hair out or put my head through a concrete wall... something akin to that. Oh, but when Reading Day comes... it's like a breath of fresh air reminding me that I'm so close I can almost taste the ending.
I was reading the story of Noah earlier this week. After being stranded on the ark in the middle of a fierce flood for something like 105 days, you'd think Noah was thinking about putting his head through the wall of the ark and just letting them sink. BUT WAIT. At the beginning of the next chapter, it says God remembered Noah and made the waters cease. Now, if you read on, it took a while for the waters to recede... but at the moment God made the raining stop.
Sometimes we have to remind ourselves, in the midst of the flood, that God will remember us... just like He remembered Noah. Just in the nick of time, God remembered Noah. The aftermath of your flood isn't just going to drain away through some great plug in the floor. However, the rain will eventually cease and you'll get your breath of fresh air. Just like Reading Day is for me during the semester. My school flood waters have by no means gone down, but the rain has stopped for a while.
He will rememeber you, just like Noah, and make the rain stop. Hang in there, beloved.
Until next time,
Keep Reflecting :)
P.S. Don't put your head through the ark wall, either.
No comments:
Post a Comment