I wish I was pretty
I wish I was brave
If I owned this city
Then I'd make it behave
And if I were fearless
Then I'd speak the truth
And the world would hear this
That's what I wish I would do
If my hands could hold them, you'd see
I'd take all these secrets in me
And I'd move and mold them
To be something I'd set free
(Chorus)
I wanna darken in the sky
Open the floodgates up
I wanna change my mind
I wanna be enough
I want the water in my eyes
I wanna cry until the end of time
I wanna let the rain come down
Make a brand new ground
Let the rain come down
Let the rain come down
Make a brand new ground
Let the rain come down tonight
I hold on to worry so tight
It's safe in here right next to my heart
Who now shouts at the top of her voice
Let me go, let me out
This is not my choice
And I've always felt it before
That the world was filled with much more
Than the drowning soul I've learned to be
I just need the rain to remind me
(Chorus x 2)
I absolutely love this song. The Youtube link above is so that you can hear it as well as read the lyrics I posted. Sometimes, no matter how wonderful our lives are, we get down and we need reminding that we don't have to stay in the "drowning soul" that we're in. I tend to suffer from worry, slight anxiety, and moodiness... but I am blessed beyond imagination. Today, I am feeling very tense. I would love to open up the floodgates and just go to bed. Darken in the skies. That feeling is something I know personally. But after the skies are darken, the rain comes. That fresh, clean rain that washes away dirt and grime and leaves everything different. After the rain comes the rainbow. I have to remind myself sometimes that this "drowning soul" that I'm so very good at being is not me! This is not the woman God designed me to be. So, I cry out for the rain. I cry out for Him to pour all over me and rescue me from what I've made myself. Sometimes this means getting outside help (i.e. counseling, talking to a friend, etc). We were not designed to be "drowning souls"; we were designed to flourish after the rain. Sometimes we need the soul-cleansing rain to remind us that we were created to be so much more than simply "drowning souls".
So, yeah, I'm a little moody today and my stepdaughter is probably going to drive me nuts by the end of the day. Yeah, I probably am going to curl up and take a nap while she watches a movie. But, you know what? I am so incredibly blessed with people who love me, a husband who adores me, a home, a family, and a God who has created me to blossom. No matter how the day may go, we must always remember that His mercies are new every morning!
Until next time,
Keep Reflecting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment