Saturday, January 8, 2011

Exhaustion doesn't even describe it!

So, today was the day, my friends.  My very first Pampered Chef cooking party was today.  I sigh a sigh of relief, but also a sigh of exhaustion beyond imaginable belief.  I began the party excited, then moved through the emotions of scared, nervous, nauseous, ecstatic, anxious, thrilled and others that I probably couldn't even name.  There is no possible way I could have gotten through today without a few mentionable people.  I would like to thank the following:
*My dear sweet husband for everything.  He helped me clean last night, set up, calm down several times, and he kept our daughter out of my hair the entire day (daddy-daughter movie day).  He's fabulous.
*Kayla.  She was my shadow all day.  She ran my errands, arrived super early, and made cute little cards for me to hand out to people.  I never would have stayed calm without her telling me I could do this.
*Marlayna.  My recruiter.  She brought stuff to help me during the show, gave me tips, and washed my dishes without being asked.  She was there to run things into the kicthen and basically just made the whole thing run smoothly.  Her winks from the side of the room told me I was on the right track.
*Chelsea.  Because she's just Chelsea and I love her.
*Jerianne.  She showed up early and helped welcome my guests (at least the ones she knew).  But the best part was after everyone had left and I was putting orders into my computer, she rubbed my back.  She could see the exhaustion setting in and she tried in every way to relax me.  She even brought me chocolate :)

I can't believe my first party is over.  Wow.  I'm still taking orders from a few outside people, but I am ecstatic to say that my first party was a success!  Though doubtful at times, I had a blast in front of everyone, showing them my cool recipes and neat tools.  I loved putting on my Pampered Chef apron and dressing professionally as I stepped into a role that was not just for fun, but a job.  No matter how nervous I was, I feel confident that I love what I'm going to be doing.  I am going to love being my own boss and setting my own pace.  I am going to love interacting with ladies (and men) to make their cooking experiences more enjoyable.  The next show is in a little over three weeks.  Next time, maybe I won't feel like throwing up beforehand.  I will be more confident in myself. 

So now I'm sitting on the couch in utter exhaustion.  I took a nap this afternoon; the kitchen utensils haven't even been put away yet.  Bless my dear brother and his wife for feeding us tonight because I wouldn't have had the energy to cook anything.  Today has been emotional and exhilarating.  I am so glad I started this.  I will sleep like a baby tonight, that's for sure.

Until next time,
Keep Reflecting :)

Love, Your ACTIVE Pampered Chef Sales Consultant!

No comments:

Post a Comment